SSU is an innovation company who is committed to the mission of providing our customers with high-level services and products. Our people are the foundation of our excellence and agility.
We currently have two (2) openings for Administrative Support Specialist (ASM) to work in Arlington, VA. These positions support senior DoD leadership within the Office of the Secretary of Defense at the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD) level. The candidate(s) will directly support high-ranking Federal Government Senior Executives and interact with DoD Flag / General Officers and their support staffs. These positions will routinely exercise independent judgement and discretion to include being empowered to commit the principal’s time based on interpreting general guidelines and established rules of protocol. This is an empowering job with a direct sense of purpose, significance and fulfillment associated with daily requirements.
Location: Arlington, VA
Security Clearance: TS / SCI Clearance required
- Office management: Identifying, planning, directing, coordinating, developing, and implementing innovative process improvements.
- Travel: Providing travel logistics; preparing travel authorizations and vouchers; assisting with obtaining passports and visas for official travel; facilitating compliance with the Foreign Clearance Guide; and preparing visit request.
- Scheduling: Arranging meetings; managing calendars; collecting and assembling daybooks; serving as the point of contact for scheduling questions and requests; event support; and managing visitor logistics.
- Correspondence: logging, reviewing, distributing and monitoring correspondence; reviewing correspondence to ensure adherence to Policy guidelines; performing records management duties; and managing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Human resources: facilitating in and out processing of personnel; assisting with requests for permanent or temporary personnel; assisting with civilian and military award nominations; assisting with the government performance management programs; and assisting with processing government time and attendance record keeping.
- Security: facilitating compliance with security procedures; facilitating security clearance processing for permanent and temporary personnel; facilitating building access; recommending solutions to information security related issues and challenges; and managing and maintaining communications security (COMSEC) programs.
- Resource management: tracking and reporting budget information for decision-makers; preparing requests for supplement funding; requesting and tracking telecommunication services; managing accountable furniture; processing parking passes; requesting facility related services; facilitating compliance with information technology initiatives; maintaining office supplies; assisting with the Foreign Gift tracking and reporting program.
- On call administrative services: Responding to emergent requirements after normal duty hours and weekends.
- Onboarding for administrative staff: Establishing, implementing, maintaining, and documenting appropriate onboarding processing, training materials, and certifying that administrative staff is able to perform required services within one week of in processing to policy.
- Continuity of service for administrative: Providing and maintaining the appropriate quantity of qualified personnel to meet requirements; and developing and maintaining continuity of service materials.
- Active Top Secret/SCI
- A minimum of six (6) years of DoD or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with creating, reviewing and approving CONUS and OCONUS Defense Travel System (DTS) orders
- Correspondence experience in a DoD environment
- Experience with task or correspondence management systems (e.g. TMT or CATMS)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience and skills in providing Executive Level Administrative Assistant support to high-ranking Federal Government Senior Executive or DoD Flag / General Officers is highly preferred.
- 401K Matching Plan up to 4%
- Full Medical Insurance
If you are interested in a very well-compensated, empowered, and fulfilling position, while making a positive impact at a high level of significance, we encourage you to submit your resume/cv.