Apogee-SSU JV has opening(s) in Africa performing services for the Department of State (DoS), Bureau of African Affairs. This requirement is for one (1) AMISOM Transition Advisor who will set the conditions for enduring political and strategic outcomes to the African Union Mission in Somalia military operations.
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Period of Performance: Base period of twelve months (12) with four (4) potential option periods
Scope of Work/Required Tasks Overview:
- The primary role of the position is to provide mentorship on political-military consolidation planning efforts, the delivery of the Somalia Transition Plan, and support to the integration of international stabilization efforts within AMISOM.
- Education: shall possess an Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree) in security, development, international relations, public administration, business administration, or a related field. A first- level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University degree.
- Minimum of two years of demonstrated prior professional experience relevant to post-conflict political coordination, stabilization, and transition planning in Sub-Saharan Africa, and which would require familiarity with Somali politics and AMISOM leadership and operational concepts, terminology, research, and policy literature.
- Minimum 10 years military experience as a commissioned officer.
- One year demonstrated prior professional experience working with Somali Federal Government.
- Ability to write and speak fluently in English.
- Fluency in speaking and reading either Somali, Swahili, or French.
- A security clearance is not required.
If you are interested in a very well-compensated and challenging position, while making a positive impact, we encourage you to submit your resume/cv to email@example.com.