SSU is an innovation company who is committed to the mission of providing our customers with high-level services and products. Our people are the foundation of our excellence and agility.
We currently have an opening for an Assistant Project Manager position to work in our corporate office located in downtown Fayetteville, N.C. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting management in all aspects of our construction projects through its entire life cycle; procurement, award, design development, buy-out, execution and closeout. We are a rapidly growing, high-performance organization, committed to excellence and offer great growth opportunities.
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Security Clearance: Current Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Plan, execute, and finalize projects according to the schedule while keeping within budget.
- Ability to travel 25 % of the time
- Assist with management of projects through full lifecycle to include:
- Project design-development, budgeting, scheduling, buy-out, shipping logistics, project execution, and close-out
- Developing solutions to project issues that arise
- Establish and maintain customer & vendor relationships
- Assist with job cost forecasting and reporting to include:
- Financial forecasting
- Project cost to complete
- Management of Safety, Quality Assurance and Quality Control plans
- Identify and communicate issues to leadership team as required to ensure the success of the project
- Ensure compliance with SSU Standard Operating Procedures
- (Preferred) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent
- (Preferred) Certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Site Safety Health Officer (SSHO) w/30 Hr OSHA
- Construction Surveillance Technician (CST)
- 1-3 years of experience managing projects through their complete lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills
- Success in client relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Experience managing risk
- Software experience (Preferred):
- MS Office
- PDF editors
- Current active US Passport (required)
- 401K Matching
- Full Medical Insurance
If you are interested in a very well-compensated, empowered, and fulfilling position, while making a positive impact at a high level of significance, we encourage you to submit your resume/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.