SSU is an innovation company who is committed to the mission of providing our customers with high-level services and products. Our people are the foundation of our excellence and agility. We currently have one (1) opening for a Construction Operations Director to work in our corporate office located in downtown Fayetteville, N.C. Position will require limited travel. The ideal candidate will lead day-to-day customer and client-focused technical and business programs through organizational management, accountability, and financial performance. Looking for cultural fit with a high-performance organization, committed to excellence with great growth opportunities.
Location: Fayetteville, NC (must work in corporate office in downtown Fayetteville, NC)
Clearance: Ability to meet the standards required to obtain and hold a Secret or Higher US Government Clearance
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates diplomacy when interacting with internal staff and external organizations.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple construction projects at the same time.
- Advises on manpower utilization, workflow, and operational procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, and make overall improvements for the company.
- Carries out a review of work progress daily.
- Works on complex problems and identifies and evaluates solutions to the problems.
- Resolves problems and exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies.
- Supervises all construction employees along with coaching and mentoring new employees.
- Directs, coordinates, and conducts personnel actions and furnishes guidance and assistance as needed.
- Prepares requests for contract actions, proposals and assures full compliance with all contract requirements, schedules, and provisions.
- Coordinates and approves the initiation and processing of purchase orders, supply sources, work orders and maintenance and renovation requests while ensuring fiscal compliance.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, policies, processes, and staff.
Required Professional Qualifications:
- Current active US Passport
- Candidates must be able to meet the standards required to obtain and hold a Secret or Higher US Government Clearance.
- Local, state, and federal construction regulations knowledge
- 5 years’ experience in leadership positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong detail orientation and excellent follow-through
- Must be available for episodic domestic and international travel.
Preferred Professional Qualifications:
- Experience in U.S. Military assigned organizations, USSOCOM service.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 401K Matching Plan
- PTO and Holiday
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
If you are interested in a very well-compensated and challenging position, while making a positive impact, we encourage you to submit your resume/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org