SSU is a strategically focused, innovative organization that provides world class services and customizable modular structures to include ICD 705 compliant buildings across the globe to meet our customers’ unique requirements and critical objectives. Our modular structures are custom with past projects ranging from 24 square feet to just under 13,000 square feet (two-story structure). Our structures are designed for outdoor harsh environmental conditions as well as for applications inside of existing buildings, warehouses, conference rooms or office space. Our past and current projects are located throughout the United States to include global locations such as Poland, Germany, United Kingdom, Jordan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Cameroon, Niger, Djibouti, Guantanamo Bay Cuba, Philippines, Okinawa, and Hawaii.
SSU is a solutions-based company, that is veteran owned and operated by military-minded professionals with decades of special operations and intelligence experience, focused on enabling the warfighter, or servicing government organizations and the commercial sector. Domestically or internationally, SSU provides the professionalism of a large business coupled with the personal touch of a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB).
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager for contract opportunities. Position will require travel up to 35% of time in the US and internationally. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing management of all aspects of our construction projects through its entire life cycle; procurement, award, design development, buy-out, execution and closeout. We are a rapidly growing, high-performance organization, committed to excellence and offer great growth opportunities.
Location: Fayetteville, NC / Dallas, TX / Forth Worth, TX/ Palmdale, CA
Security Clearance: current Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Responsible for overseeing projects to include job site operations and reporting
- Coordinate and lead project activities between Site Services, Information Systems, Telecommunications, consulting firms, and external contractors
- Engage internal/external resources in early project development to identify potential project issues, risks and create solutions
- Effectively define the project tasks and resource requirements for each job and submit an appropriate project funding request
- Implement and monitor project changes to achieve appropriate project results
- Collaborate with Construction Personnel, Senior Leadership, and Business Development Team to determine schedule and manpower allocation for project work
- Conduct post-completion project follow-ups to identify and address problems, resolve issues, and implement necessary changes or corrections.
- Ensure compliance with SSU Standard Operating Procedures
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current active US Passport
- Capacity to physically lift up to 75 lbs.
- Previous experience working in or constructing a SCIF
- Previous US Military experience (preferred)
- Previous experience with the assembly or construction of Walk-In Coolers
- Must be able to meet the standards required to obtain and hold a Secret or Higher US Government Clearance
- Demonstrates a minimum of 5 years of relevant expertise, knowledge, or experience in construction practices.
- Proficient understanding of technical construction drawings and specifications.
- In-depth knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to construction. (preferred)
- Exhibits proficiency in interpreting Scopes of Work (SOW) documents.
- Displays sound judgment and discernment in the decision-making process, taking into consideration the perspectives of various stakeholders and the long-term implications.
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time and to walk in varying climate conditions and on uneven ground
- Software experience (preferred):
MS Office, Primavera P6, MS Project, RMS, Prolog, Bluebeam, Smartsheet
- Certifications (preferred):
Site Safety Health Officer (SSHO) w/30 Hour OSHA, Construction Surveillance Technician (CST), QCM or ISO 9001
If you are interested in a very well-compensated, empowered, and fulfilling position, while making a positive impact at a high level of significance, we encourage you to submit your resume/cv to email@example.com.