Apogee-SSU JV has an opening in Africa performing services for the Department of State (DoS), Bureau of African Affairs. This requirement is for the full time services of one (1) Counter Violent Extremism (CVE) Advisor in Niamey, Niger to support the governments of Cameroon, Chad and Niger to establish and implement effective defections, disengagement, demobilization, de-radicalization, and reintegration (4DR) strategies and implementation plans to manage the increased flows of individuals who defect or otherwise disengage from Boko Haram and ISIS-West Africa, in order to break the group’s cohesion and build community resilience against terrorism.
Location(s): Primarily based at U.S. Embassy in Niamey, Niger. Quarterly travel to N’Djamena, Chad and Yaoundé, Cameroon.
- Master’s Degree in Political Science, Government, International Relations, African Studies, History, or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ experience working on countering violent extremism, defections, disengagement, demobilization, de-radicalization, and reintegration (4DR), conflict, or peacebuilding.
- One (1) year professional experience presenting briefings, policy analysis, and SITREPs, for consumption by U.S. government managers.
- One (1) year experience working or living in Africa, post-conflict or developing country.
- Fluency (written/spoken/reading) in French.
- U.S. citizen with a Secret clearance.
If you are interested in a very well-compensated and challenging position, while making a positive impact, we encourage you to submit your resume/cv to email@example.com